- Home page
- Goals FS 2030
Goals FS 2030
FS 2030 Sustainability Commitment
With the purpose of consolidating the sustainable development agenda and strengthening long-term commitments with society, FS presents its 2030 agenda.
We will relentlessly pursue the transformation of the agricultural and fuel industries, aiming at strengthening communities, striving for a more sustainable and fairer world.
Below are FS’s goals, which are related to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and in line with the Paris Agreement.
REDUCE CO2 EMISSIONS
- Avoiding the emission of 31.7 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.(1)
- Have negative carbon emissions in one of our industrial units by implementing the BECCS system (Bioenergy with Carbon Capture and Storage)
RESPONSIBILITY IN THE VALUE CHAIN
- Applying our social and environmental policy to 100% of the direct and indirect corn and biomass supply chain, as well as all direct sales of DDG, thus ensuring zero legal and illegal deforestation, non-use of protected lands and no incidence of slave-like labor.
- Developing commercial partnerships with intermediaries (trading, warehouses, etc.) to create a mapping system in 100% of the indirect supplier chain.
WATER, WASTE AND EFFLUENTS
- Reducing water consumption by 5% until 2030.(2)
- Reducing waste disposal to landfills by 40% until 2030.(3)
- Having 100% of the effluents used for fertigation by 2025.
EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNITIES
- Developing a technical training program and reaching, by 2030, 70% of our industry employees hired from our communities.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Reaching at least 30% women and 40% blacks in leadership positions by 2030.(5)
GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
- Promoting continuous improvement and transparency in our governance processes, with the goal of achieving maximum scale in the main ESG Ratings.(6).
1 Considers CI (Carbon Intensity) of RenovaBio (direct and indirect emissions) as the calculation basis. Cbios generation assumption for the LRV, SMT, PVA, CNP, NVM, and QUE units. CCS will be implemented in LRV unit by 2026.
2 m³ water/m³ anhydrous ethanol produced.
3 Ratio of kg of waste sent to landfills/m³ of anhydrous ethanol produced.
4 Black: Terminology used by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE), including blacks and browns.
5 Supervisors and above.
6 E.g. A1 in Vigeo Eiris rating, among others.